Monday, November 1, 2010

The joy of making paper flowers!

Seeing it’s Spring, I’ve been having fun making paper flowers for my little munchkins’ seasonal ‘tree’ and to help teach colours in my Fun in French classes, and to use on cards and gifts. I also hope to make a little bouquet and a heart garland, but other things keep getting in the way So far, I’ve experimented with 2 different methods of making paper flowers punch art flowers and origami flowers.The sympathy card also features the gorgeous manhattan rose embossing die, run through the big shot, after cutting out the cardstock with the ‘top note’ rule based die.But to get back to the ‘making paper flower’ theme, you can also make more classic looking roses with the extra large fancy flower punch. Here’s a link to a photo tutorial to show you how. not to mention more simple, one-layered 
Punch art flowers are definitely the easiest of the two, if you have the punches. (I can help you out there, of course!) For the card pictured below, the wild rose was made simply but punching out of real red cardstock 3 of the ‘large fancy flower’  flowers, spritzing them with water, scrunching them up, layering them and connecting them with a brad, and then with a kebab stick,   


Another way to make flowers of course is using origami. what I love about making origami flowers is that all you need is some square bits of paper and your fingers, and of course someone to show you what to do! and thanks to youtube, no longer do I have to try to work out written instructions  I made this blue bell flower by following this wonderful video. I used some designer series paper that I cut down to 4″ by 4″. and while I was surfing youtube for m inspiration, I came across this amazing origami artist’s website Robert Lang. it is hard to believe that his creations are made entirely of paper. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment